Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good and not so good week

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:53:15 -0700
Subject: Good and not so good week.
From: samuel.crapo@myldsmail.net

Hello family and friends!

This is your favorite missionary reporting!  Like my subject says it has been a REALLY good week and a REALLY lousy week.  So i'll start with the bad news first and then when you're all depressed i'll switch it around and give you the good news to cheer you up!

So this week we have had a lot of bike issues again!  I ended up having to buy a whole new tire and tube again, which stinks!!!!  And that very night i got it, the OTHER tire went flat! I don't understand? We get so many flats.  I took the bike home, found two holes and patched them up and my bike has been ok ever since.  On the other hand, my companion still doesn't have his own bike.  Its been slowing the work a lot because he keeps borrowing all these clunkers from other people.  He threw a little tantrum the other day because he pedal kept popping off and we had to walk all the way home from the farthest point in our area ha ha.  Goes with the job i guess?  He gave his bike that he was borrowing a good beating though, that should show it to malfunction...

Just as i was getting better from being sick the week before, i got sick on Sunday.  Really bad.  I am pretty sure it was food poisoning,  I was up at 4:30am on Sunday and spent most of my day in the bathroom.  (TMI?)  but its true!  It was horrible! I couldn't keep anything inside my body, no food, no water, no nothin'.  I haven't had a meal in over 24 hrs.  I just barely started eating saltine crackers this morning and still feel sick. Yesterday i had it bad.  Tons of body aches, i was super cold even in sweats, hoody, wool socks. it was horrible. But evidently its something that is going around.  We found out there were a ton of people in our ward who were going through the same thing.  I couldn't go to church because i was so sick, so we had the ZL's come babysit us so that my companion could go to church with our investigator.. I was also up at 3:30AM today and went back to the bathroom.  But i am feeling lots better.  Just taking it slow.

Well that was pretty much it on the bad news.  The good news is.  We got to do a little service this week with our ward mission leader.  It was pretty fun.  Just moving tables and chairs from our building to the stake center.

We went to a stake party on Friday, it was Australia themed and they were trying to teach us how to speak like an Ozzy.  They were horrible at impersonating an Ozzy.  

When i was sick i asked the Durrant's (My favorites) to bring me some sprite and they did.  They also brought us dinner.  They are the best!  He was like "we have our phones next to our beds, if ANYTHING comes up and you need something no matter what time, call us"  They are so awesome! They are like our parents of this area.

No for some really good news.  We went on exchanges on Saturday with the ZL's.  And it went really good me and elder Angus were on foot but we got  A LOT accomplished.  Not only did i get tan like nobodies business ;)  but we also Taught two member present lessons, picked up 2 new investigators that seem super solid  taught one other lesson, taught a less active lesson and we set Lyndell with a baptismal date.  She is going to be baptized October 13th.  I asked her, "do you think you will be ready by October 13th?" and she said "The question is WILL i be ready by October 13th and the answer is yes" so huge progress there! And she came to church again this week!  The exchange was really really good.  I wish everyday was like that!

We also got to see a high speed car chase.  Me and elder Angus were walking down the street and a truck and white mustang FLEW past us going WAY fast and then we counted 11 cop cars were behind them!  GOING WAY FAST! IT was sick! 

Anyways! Things out here are going good,  we are beginning to see success in the work we are doing and are hoping to have some good results soon!  

Thank you all for all you do! Its good to hear from some of you ;) i want to hear from ALL OF YOU!  I love you all very much and miss you tons.  

Love,

Elder Samuel Crapo

PS  I have been out 19 months yesterday! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment