Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weeks are Flying

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:51:07 -0700
Subject: Weeks are Flying (i think i have made the subject of an email "weeks are flying" already)
From: samuel.crapo@myldsmail.net

Hello Family and Friends!
 
I cant believe how fast time goes.  I swear i was here in the library yesterday reading and writing emails!  Today was a way good day for emails! I had 19 Emails in my inbox!!! BOO YA!  That was so great!  Its  taken me forever to view them all but i love it!
 
This week has been pretty good.  Not too much happened.  Work-wise we have been working with an awesome lady named Lyndell.  She is about 70 years old but she has SO MUCH ENERGY! I love it!  We took her on a tour of the church this friday and she loved it! Loves pretty much everything about it.  We had a member of the ward, Brother Kirk, come with us and i'm so glad he came because she loved him, he loved her, and he was able to give her a lot of information on the church building!  Unfortunately she didnt make it to church on sunday.  She had a friend come into town! But she's so close!
 
We also have been working with another family but it seems everytime we go over they are just sleeping, or too tired to listen, or they have kids running around everywhere, or they have some sort of medical problem! The guy who lives there i feel so bad for.  He really has it hard. Always in and out of the ER and always has tons of meds that are effecting him.  He's a member but the rest of his family are investigators. 
 
We do a lot of tracting in this area.  Which i still like a lot.  But still no success.  We have found really cool members that pretty much just clean out their cupboards to feed us.  They seriously load us up.  Some lady gave us 3 boxes of cereal, 20 cliff bars, a giant bag of cereal, cookies and all this other stuff just because we stopped by her house.  Then she noticed we were on bike so she dropped it off at our apartment for us! What a stellar lady!
 
We had Zone Conference this week which is why i feel like it went so fast.  It was pretty good.  It was down in oildale which is a serious racist town.  There is a grocery store called 11C.  The 11th letter in the alphabet is K.  C is the third letter in the alphabet... KKK... Yeah they are all super racist.  Black elders and sister cannot serve there! ha ha
 
Ummmm  probably the biggest news was that me and my companion got in a bike wreck.  It wasnt too bad.  I got some nice road rash and broke my helmet and he got a little scab on his elbow.  but for some reason elder fernandez likes to ride REALLY close to me, side by side and then one day i was just riding along and he was all up in my grill and i couldnt pedal because they were stuck on his bike and i couldnt move my handlebars because they were stuck on his bike.  So next thing ya know we fell.   And my whole shoulder is black from the asphalt and my pants are ripped (good thing, because i needed a pair to burn for my 18 month mark OH YEAH) and i'm bleeding all over my arm, and leg.  So i'm sitting there thinking to myself to see if anything is broken, but its not, I caught myself on my wrist so that hurt a bunch.  But i'm sitting in the middle of the road and i look behind me and some lady is walking towards us and she saw the whole thing (dangit) and she was like are you guys ok? and i said yeah we are fine.  But she was still walking our way and she was just getting her mail so i started talking with her, i was like "hey how are you today ma'm?" and my companion looked at me with a bewildered face and was like, wow! i cant believe you started talking to that lady. ha ha. MISSIONARY WORK DOESNT STOP FOR ACCIDENTS!
 
So yeah, i burned my pants. It was great.  We burned them over at the Durrants house, THEY ARE THE BEST!
 
Other than that not a whole lot else happened.  We met a member this week who just got a job with Bolthouse Farms and he is going to hook us up with a whole bunch of fruit smoothies! YUM!
 
But i'm looking at my computer and only have 9 minutes left! YIKES! I hate writing in the library!
 
Anyways i love you guys!  i cant wait to hear from you again next week!  I hope you're all doing well!
 
Love,
 
Elder Samuel Crapo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment